Make An Appointment
• Ultrasound is a simple, safe, painless diagnostic procedure that bounces high-frequency sound waves off parts of the body and captures the returning "echoes" as images. There is no injection or radiation exposure associated with ultrasound.
• Preparation for your US will depend on the type of exam. Before your US scan, please contact us so we can provide specific instructions and review your health and insurance information.
1. US Bladder, Pelvis & OB (Pregnancy): Please drink 32oz. of water (1) hour prior to exam. DO NOT EMPTY BLADDER.
2. All other Ultrasound: It is important to have nothing to eat or drink, including water, for four to six hours before your exam.
What To Expect
Ultrasound - What to Expect
During the Exam - What to Expect
• You will lie on a cushioned table and gel will be applied to your skin; the gel acts as a conductor.
• A transducer, a hand-held device that sends and receives ultrasound signals, is moved over the area of your body being imaged.
• Images instantly are captured on a television-like monitor and transferred to film or videotape for a radiologist to review and interpret.
• Depending on the type of exam, it can take anywhere from 20-60 minutes.
Join Our Newsletter
About Memorial MRI
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic has led the way in providing comprehensive diagnostic imaging and treatment services using advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment. The physicians, management, technologists, and support staff who make up this premier practice are here to facilitate the imaging needs of physicians and healthcare providers in every way we can, and to ensure that every patient receives the highest degree of care and compassion.
Courier service to pick
up and deliver films
STAT and ASAP
Fast report turnaround
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Corporate Office 1241 Campbell Road Houston, Texas 77055
Main Number: 713-461-3399 Fax Number: 713-461-1969
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Notice of Privacy Practices
Copyright © 2011 Memorial MRI & Diagnostic
Website Designed and Powered by ArtAgencyInk.com