Make An Appointment
• Imaging guidance such as fluoroscopy or computed tomography (CAT scan) may be used to help the doctor place the needle in exactly the right location so the patient can receive the maximum benefit from the injection.
• Preparation for your Pain Management procedure will depend on the type of exam. Before your procedure, please contact us so we can provide specific instructions based on the type of exam you are undergoing and for us to review your health and insurance information. You will receive specific instructions on how to prepare, including any changes that need to be made to your regular medication schedule.
• You should plan to have a relative or friend drive you home after your procedure.
What To Expect
Pain Management - What to Expect
During the Exam - What to Expect
• When you arrive at the office the nurse/paramedic may place an intravenous (IV) line in your arm to deliver a relaxation medication during the procedure; this is seldom needed but will be available if required. You will be situated on your stomach or on your side on a table in the fluoroscopic room.
• Depending on the type of procedure performed, the doctor will identify where the injection should be given and will sterilize the skin with an antiseptic solution. He or she will then inject a local anesthetic to help numb the area before the procedure is performed.
• Once the area is numb, the doctor will most likely use imaging guidance to help guide the needle to exactly the right position. When the needle is in place, a contrast material will be injected so the doctor can ensure the distribution of the medication given. Your doctor will slowly inject the medication, which is typically a combination of anesthetic and anti-inflammatory drugs (cortisone/steroids).
• When finished, you will be moved into a chair or bed and allowed to rest for a few minutes to an hour. The nurse/paramedic will make sure you do not have any unfavorable reactions to the medication before you are allowed to leave.
Pain Management - Forms
Forms need to be filled out at facility.
Join Our Newsletter
About Memorial MRI
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic has led the way in providing comprehensive diagnostic imaging and treatment services using advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment. The physicians, management, technologists, and support staff who make up this premier practice are here to facilitate the imaging needs of physicians and healthcare providers in every way we can, and to ensure that every patient receives the highest degree of care and compassion.
Courier service to pick
up and deliver films
STAT and ASAP
Fast report turnaround
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Corporate Office 1241 Campbell Road Houston, Texas 77055
Main Number: 713-461-3399 Fax Number: 713-461-1969
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Notice of Privacy Practices
Copyright © 2011 Memorial MRI & Diagnostic
Website Designed and Powered by ArtAgencyInk.com