Make An Appointment
MRI (OPEN / CLOSED)
• MR imaging uses a powerful magnetic field, radio frequency pulses and a computer to produce detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues, bone and virtually all other internal body structures. MRI does not use ionizing radiation (x-rays).
• Preparation for your MRI will depend on the type of exam. Before your MRI scan, please contact us so we can provide specific instructions and review your health and insurance information.
• Because of the magnetic field, you will be asked to wear metal-free clothing, or to change into a gown. You also will be asked to remove any metallic objects, such as jewelry, watches, and hair clips.
• Most exams require no preparation except for the following:
Any MRI of the Abdomen or Pelvis, it is important to have nothing to eat or drink, including water, for four to six hours before your exam. A sip of water to take prescription medication is allowed.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE A PACEMAKER, ARTIFICIAL LIMBS, METAL PINS/FRAGMENTS IN YOUR BODY (ESPECIALLY IN THE EYES), METAL HEART VALVES, METAL CLIPS IN YOUR BRAIN, METAL IMPLANTS IN EARS, OR ANY OTHER IMPLANTED OR PROSTHETIC MEDICAL DEVICE.
What To Expect
MRI - What to Expect
During the Exam - What to Expect
• You will lie on a cushioned table and often an imaging device called a "coil" will be placed around the area of the body to be scanned.
• Once you are comfortably positioned, the table will move into the magnet opening.
• As images are acquired, you will hear sounds for a few minutes at a time. It is important to lie as still as possible during this part of the exam to help us capture clear images.
• If necessary, physician-administered medication is available to help you relax, however, you will need a driver.
• In some cases, you will need contrast material to further aid in detection or diagnosis of potential abnormalities. In this instance, an I.V. will be placed in your hand or arm. Once the contrast is injected, you will feel a warm, flushed sensation, and may experience a metallic taste in your mouth that lasts for about two minutes.
• Depending on the type of exam, your MRI scan can take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes.
MRI (OPEN / CLOSED)
Join Our Newsletter
About Memorial MRI
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic has led the way in providing comprehensive diagnostic imaging and treatment services using advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment. The physicians, management, technologists, and support staff who make up this premier practice are here to facilitate the imaging needs of physicians and healthcare providers in every way we can, and to ensure that every patient receives the highest degree of care and compassion.
Courier service to pick
up and deliver films
STAT and ASAP
Fast report turnaround
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Corporate Office 1241 Campbell Road Houston, Texas 77055
Main Number: 713-461-3399 Fax Number: 713-461-1969
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Notice of Privacy Practices
Copyright © 2011 Memorial MRI & Diagnostic
Website Designed and Powered by ArtAgencyInk.com