Make An Appointment
CT (Cat Scan)
CT imaging combines special x-ray equipment with sophisticated computers to produce multiple images or pictures of the inside of the body. These cross-sectional images of the area being studied can then be examined on a computer monitor or printed.
Preparation for your CT will depend on the type of exam. Before your CT scan, please contact us so we can provide specific instructions and review your health and insurance information.
Most exams require no preparation except for the following:
• CT Abdomen/Pelvis: Need to have nothing to eat or drink 4 hours prior to exam. Patient is to arrive one hour prior to exam if you are scheduled for CT ABDOMEN and two hours if you are scheduled for CT PELVIC or CT ABDOMEN & PELVIC. A liquid contrast (barium) will be given to you to drink for the procedure. Administration of this contrast agent can improve the visibility of organs and structures otherwise obscured.
• Any CTs with IV contrast need to have nothing to eat or drink 4 hours prior to exam.
• Any CTs without contrast consist of no preparation prior to procedure.
• PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO IODINE.
• FEMALE: PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR ARE BREASTFEEDING.
What To Expect
CT - What to Expect
During the Exam - What to Expect
• You will lie on a cushioned table, and once comfortably positioned, the tabletop will move through a gantry (shaped like a big donut). Multiple, low-dose x-rays are passed through the body at different angles. Images are acquired by detectors that measure the x-rays that pass through your body.
• The computer processes this information to form an image that the radiologist will review and interpret.
• Some CT studies require a contrast material to enhance the visibility of certain tissues or blood vessels. In this instance, you are given an I.V. in your hand or arm. Once the contrast is injected, you may feel a warm, flushed sensation, and experience a metallic taste in your mouth that lasts for about two minutes.
• Depending on the type of exam, your CT scan can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes.
Join Our Newsletter
About Memorial MRI
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic has led the way in providing comprehensive diagnostic imaging and treatment services using advanced technology and state-of-the-art equipment. The physicians, management, technologists, and support staff who make up this premier practice are here to facilitate the imaging needs of physicians and healthcare providers in every way we can, and to ensure that every patient receives the highest degree of care and compassion.
Courier service to pick
up and deliver films
STAT and ASAP
Fast report turnaround
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Corporate Office 1241 Campbell Road Houston, Texas 77055
Main Number: 713-461-3399 Fax Number: 713-461-1969
Memorial MRI & Diagnostic Notice of Privacy Practices
Copyright © 2011 Memorial MRI & Diagnostic
Website Designed and Powered by ArtAgencyInk.com